Mythology

the life and thoughts of the Sun Goddess

Saturday, December 06, 2008

My insights on Twilight

Ok... lemme start by stating three personal facts:

1. I have always been fascinated with vampires, ever since a kid.

2. I love both the book and the movie. (isn't it obvious?) and

3. I've just seen the film, I've just read book one as well. As for books 2-4... I have absolutely no idea what's gonna happen to Edward and Bella after the first installment of the quadrilogy.

That being said, lemme just say this, I mean, reiterate as it has been said many times before... Edward Cullen, is simply fantastical. He is so "dazzling" he makes any girl wanna bleed. Stephanie Meyer has done a great job with her selection of words also that Edward is so suave.

I appreciate the internal drama Edward has got to face also just to be with Bella.. when he wants her so bad but he's afraid to hurt her... Aww... that's just so sweet... and on her part she'd risk her life to be with him... aww... again. Meyer did mention, "a stupid lamb... a masochistic lion" ... but he never turns her into a vampire (as of book one)... when she on the other hand is ready for eternity with him..

Now sweet Edward could argue that he doesn't want her to suffer, be a monster or whatever his reasons are... he just goes on saying: "Wouldn't a lifetime with me be enough?" ... duh?!

This just leads me to believe that Edward is just like any regular guy ... he's got issues with commitment. Har har ... I really hope he turns her into a vampire in the sequel... seriously, it will break my heart to see Bella grow old... think Wendy and Peter Pan... not a very nice ending.

But.... I just realized something... James... the villain... he shouldn't have died... he's the hottest vampire I've ever seen! His nothing-will-stop-me and i-adore-challenges attitude is such a turn on! And he's very astute, he outsmarted Bella by playing on her weakness, when she though she could outsmart him. Damn... I always fall for the bad, "bad guy".

All in all, I think Meyer did a great job in enlightening the world about vampires, not in a creepy, diabolic way as they have always been perceived. To Stephanie Meyer, thanks for bringing Edward Cullen into our fairy tale lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home