Mythology

the life and thoughts of the Sun Goddess

Monday, May 08, 2006

Eventful Saturday

Mood: Monday Bloody Monday
Location: Hyatt


Last Saturday was Lola Lyn's 70th birthday party, incidentally, it is also my first wedding in Hyatt as a part of the events team..... How's that for a conflict?

And so to make the long story short, I filed a change of shift from 0900-1300 to 1500-1900H. Btw, the 70th b-day party commences with a mass atop the chapel of Vista Linda at 1830.

I arrived at the venue, ahem, in Antipolo, a little over 9PM. Mom had a reunion to attend to and so she needed the car that I brought. Her appointment was 9PM so she was calling me incessantly while in transit. I was driving in 4th gear going up on a hilly slope mind you.

At the party, while I was having my dinner, later than the rest, my Tita Gilda interrupted me and asked me to start the program…. I was like…. Uhm… hello?! What are we talking about here? I remembered my aunt asking for my help in the program about a week before.. I told her I’d help out with the preparations and all. We never got to it because of our schedule differences. Now, she’s asking me to ‘carry out’ the program.. ahem.. as the Master (mistress?) of Ceremonies… and mind you, we never even outlined the program at all!

Well, it didn’t need a lot of persuading to get me up on stage, we were desperate. I didn’t have an actual programme, but I had a lot of coaches... all my titas... grabe ang gulo. but then again we were able to pull it through and the guests congratulated me after the program for a job well done... akalain mo yun, naka-bola pa rin ako!

that is another addition to my resume in hosting. i've had 2 debuts, 1 wedding and now this. I was not born totally talent-less afterall. That was something i could do in a drop of a hat... ahem, with certain conditions though....... 1) we have to be really, really, really desperate.. 2) i have to know the celebrant.. hehe

With EJ at Lolyn's 70th Birthday Party

EJ is my 2nd degree cousin. such a sweet little kid. i just wish he was 17 years older and that we're not related. he can speak more eloquently and is more gentlemanly than most guys i know. he asked me to dance-and it's waltz! such a cutie!



ahm... wala lang... wala na...