Mythology

the life and thoughts of the Sun Goddess

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pieces of wisdom

Mood: exhausted but inspired
Listening to: the buzzing of the fan


after almost 2 months of being exposed to the real world.. these are what i've learned:

  • you are a subordinate, no amount of explanation will make you correct. save your reasoning for another day
  • you've only got yourself to save your own ass
  • despite how much effort you put into, someone will screw up and blame you
  • there's a good reason why people invented DOCUMENTATION
  • in a team, you're only as strong as your weakest link
  • White Russian is one fun way to get drunk
  • I will definitely hire a chocolate fountain for my wedding

they say if you dream something, so big that you can picture it, it will come true. well let's put it this way. in a year i should've:

  • went on an out of the country trip.. which I paid for
  • bought at least 2 equipment for my so-called business idea
  • met several contact people
  • had a list of prospects for an ideal business partner

in 2-3 years, i should've:

  • saved enough to start renting my own "office space" in this area where my target market thrives
  • completed my inventory of office equipment
  • literally starting my own business

What's my business idea? it's a secret... but i kinda got into brainstorm while i was entertaining one of my colleague's clients.

Weekend Report:

My week? It's been one of the most tiring weeks. Not so bad emotionally, terrible physically. I was required to take 13 hour shifts for 2 consecutive days because I can't take afternoon shifts due to the scheduled trainings we had in the mornings.

Honestly i think i'm slowly getting the hang of my job description. I'm getting things in order and i'm more meticulous than before. But I know life is unfair, this i've learned to accept. Curse people in your mind for a moment then forget about everything, for tomorrow's a new day. I've accepted the fact that some people are just not team players. Let them be.

Last night I attended the hotel's cocktails for our long-staying guests. It's so fun. I meet several very interesting people. That probably is one of the perks of working for Events in such a posh company.

Earlier I saw Godot Wer are you? A play in CCP hosted by the French Embassy. Actually i got in because Marts' sister, ate Charisse invited me to see it with them, which obviously I did. Actually I've read this play by Samuel Beckett... I was quite bored, the words were great but I was younger when I read it and didn't quite understand. Now a bit older, I've more energized neurons working for me. The Philippine adaptation was superb, for a UP-ian kinda thinking in a way that the wordings caught my attention. And it really did.. but i'm too sleepy to elaborate... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home