Mythology

the life and thoughts of the Sun Goddess

Friday, January 20, 2006

The week that was... Thesis Tantrums

Mood: Exhausted
Listening to: Be like that - 3 doors down



thank god my week is over... my eyes can't take anymore stress than it has at this moment.. :(

i just submitted via email my book review on my strategic management subject. just finished gulping down my iced coffee..

my thesis partner is sick and i've been doing much of the work. ok i know he's sick, but am i being too cruel for even complaining? i've been doing most of the leg work (meaning walking the cruel streets of mendiola under the heat of the afternoon sun) , he's doing the admin (supposedly doing follow up calls), the least he can do is to update me.. but does he? i update him with what's going on in my share of work, and it's not easy! :( i'm loaded with 24 units, he's only got 15 (or is it 12).. i think it's kinda unfair..

last wednesday i had an exam in the morning, i tried to manage my time by studying half of the evening and trying to finish my book for the review i just submitted. i go to school with my head afloat. my thesis partner texts me, cancels our thesis trip. i cant let that happen, we are already lagged as it is, no time to dilly-dally. i try to go out to mendiola alone.

i text my friends from the u-belt area to seek some help. friend #1 has an exam, #2 is in ortigas, #3 also has an exam, #4 isnt available. finally as it closes in my exam before lunch, out of desperation, i text martin. he wasn't the first on my list mind u, but i was beginning to be hopeless.

he replies just before noon. and tells me that he's got an exam at 3. i immediately rush to the nearest train station and began my quest to mendiola. honestly i appreciate that he was willing to help me on 1) such late notice, 2) even if i wasn't the friendliest bitch (to him) the past few days, 3) even if he had 2 exams he hasn't studied for.

so there we went, school hopping under the heat of the afternoon sun. and he wasnt complaining. one school asked me to come back early next day for the results, and he agreed that he would pick up the results for me, which he did.

but there's a catch.. i need to treat him to coffee and cream. thank you starbucks planner for the freebies.. that's not much price to pay for his efforts, i mean, he's doing more than my partner! haaay.. :(




You Are a Fun Girl!



You are all about having fun - and you don't need to drink to have a good time

Sure, you've thrown back more than a few every so often

But getting totally stupid and wasted is not your style

You're the life of the party, by keeping everyone laughing and smiling



so much for fun... i ain't getting any!!!!! :,( i'm the ultimate nerd.... haaaayyyy... kill me now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home